Active Martial Arts - Water World Challenge
For the month of January (2018), our challenge is to drink ½ of your body weight in ounces of water per day. This is proper hydration. So, if you weigh 120 pounds, proper hydration is 60n ounces of water (H2O).
1. Try to drink to bulk of it earlier in the day.
2. Try to have it completed by 6pm (or you will be up ALL night…Just sayin’!)
3. Have a designated water jug/bottle.
4. For every cup of coffee or ounce of alcohol you drink, you need to double that amount in additional water. So, if you drink one cup of coffee, you need to drink 2 cups of water in addition to what you were supposed to drink for the day. That is because both coffee and alcohol are dehydrators!
Benefits of proper hydration –
· Increases energy & relieves fatigue
· Promotes weight loss
· Flushes out toxins
· Boosts Immune System
· Helps prevent cramps, sprains and headaches
· Maintains regularity